Quick Info and Facts About Will Smith
|Nick Name||The Fresh Prince, Mr. July|
|Professional Name||Will Smith|
|Real Name||Willard Carroll Smith Jr.|
|Birthday / Age||25th, September, 1968 , |
51 Years, As on 2019
|Height||6’2″ (188 cm)|
|Born Place||West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,|
|Profession / Occupation||Actor, Producer, Rapper, Writer, |
MC (Master of Ceremonies), Comedian
|Famous As||Actor, Black Actor, Humanitarian|
|Family||Father: Willard Christopher Smith Sr. |
Mother: Caroline Bright
Siblings: Ellen Smith, Harry Smith, Pam Smith
Children: Jaden Smith, Trey Smith, Willow Smith
Spouse/Ex-: Jada Pinkett Smith, Sheree Zampino
|Education||Overbrook High School|
|He is Founder/Co-Founder||Treyball Development Inc., Overbrook Entertainment, New Village Leadership Academy|
|His Humanitarian Works||Established The ‘New Village Leadership Academy’ Elementary School|
|Net Worth||$250 million. (As on 2014)|
Social Media Profiles of Will Smith
Willard Carroll Smith II is an American famous actor, rapper and popular media personality.
Will Smith ( Willard Carroll Smith Jr.) is an extremely popular American actor, who began his career as a rap artist, teaming up with turntabler DJ Jazzy Jeff and beat boxer Ready Rock C.
He was known to be a bright student hailing from Philadelphia’s Overbrook High School, who decided against attending college so that he could pursue a career in music.
First, He was successful as a singer and is also a Grammy Award recipient. At the age of 25, this young man ventured in movies and debuted with the famous movie Six Degree of Separation.
In April 2007, Newsweek gave him the title of the most powerful actor in Hollywood Industry. Smith has also been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards and has won four Grammy Awards and many other awards too.
From then he was look back for this talented young star. Appearing in movies like Independence Day, I, Robot, Enemy of the State, and Ali, he proved his mettle talent to the entire world.
His power-packed performances showed versatility and promise that this star was here to stay.
In the opinion of many directors, the actor was like a breath of fresh air and essayed emotional roles with as much ease as he would portray an action hero.
Amongst his several brilliant films, ‘Men in Black’ is a sci-fi comedy, was one movie that became a roaring hit with moviegoers all over the world.
The popularity of the first movie inspired the sequels in the ‘Men in Black’ series, which were lauded by fans and critics alike.
Early Life of Will Smith
- Willard Christopher Smith, Jr. was born on September 25, 1968, to Willard C. Smith, Sr., the proprietor of a refrigeration company, and Caroline, a member of the ‘School Board of Philadelphia’, in Pennsylvania.
- He was grown up in the neighborhood of Wynnefield, along with younger siblings Harry and Ellen and an older sister Pamela.
- The young child had a Baptist upbringing at home, but received his elementary education from a Catholic institution named ‘Our Lady of Lourdes’. After his parents parted ways, he was educated at the ‘Overbrook High School’ in Philadelphia.
- On completing high school, Will decided to pursue music as a career, instead of attending college.
Personal Life of Will Smith
- In 1992, Will Smith got married to Sheree Elizabeth Zampino, an actress. The couple had a son, nicknamed ‘Trey’, but the two separated three years after marriage.
- The popular actor got married in 1997 to colleague Jada Koren Pinkett, who is best known for the ‘Matrix’ movie franchise. The two actors have been blessed with a son, Jaden Christopher Syre and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign.
- Jaden has appeared in ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’, ‘The Karate Kid’, and more recently, ‘After Earth’, while Willow is known for her role in the movie, ‘I Am Legend’.
- In 2005, the actor made it through to the ‘Guinness Book of World Records’, for having gone to three movie premieres in one day.
- Will claims that though he has had exposure to tenets of Catholicism and Baptism, he does not follow any religion in particular. Though he finds ‘Scientology’ fascinating, which is a spiritual rehabilitation through counseling, the actor is not a member of its organization.
- The brilliant actor is known for his philanthropic contributions, where he has donated large sums of money to Christian ministries, schools and churches, a mosque in Los Angeles, and Scientology organizations.
- He has also established an elementary school, ‘New Village Leadership Academy’, in California, along with his wife, Jada, donating 1.2 million dollars to the educational institution.
- According to ‘Fortune Magazine’, Smith has been one of the wealthiest young Americans. He is a supporter of President Barack Obama and has contributed financially to his campaign. The famous actor has also organized the ‘Nobel Peace Prize Concert’, which was held in Oslo as a toast to the prize being awarded to Obama.
Career Life of Will Smith
- Smith met record producer and musician, Jeffrey Townes, popularly called DJ Jazzy Jeff, at a party, and the two music lovers instantly hit it off. The aspiring rapper called himself The Fresh Prince and created a group with DJ Jeff, and beatboxer, Ready Rock C.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince became quite highly popular after producing light-hearted songs Summertime and Parents Just Don’t Understand.
- During 1988-89, the popular singer got into big trouble with the Internal Revenue Service, for paying less than the stipulated tax. As a result of $2.8 million of unpaid taxes, his possessions and properties were confiscated, and Will almost went bankrupt.
- When the singer was struggling to recover from the financial crisis, he was hired for a sitcom titled The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, in 1990, by the NBC broadcasting network. With all success of the TV programs, which was about himself, Smith gained recognition everywhere as a good actor.
- In 1993, He was made his debut entry in feature films with the movie Six Degrees of Separation, co-starring Stockard Channing and Donald Sutherland. By the great success of the movie, he was cast in Bad Boys, After two years later, another action movie that also featured Martin Lawrence.
- After that, the exceptional actor had already gained immense high popularity in Hollywood cinema industry. In 1996, he played a major role in the movie ‘Independence Day’, directed by German filmmaker, Roland Emmerich. The movie became a huge box-office success also starred Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum among others.
- In 1997, Smith was got chosen by famous film director Barry Sonnenfeld, to become a part of the movie series of Men in Black. Will was cast opposite the actor Tommy Lee Jones, and he played the legendary role of Agent J. The following year, he worked in the hit movie ‘Enemy of the State’, alongside veteran Gene Hackman.
- From 1999-2001, the actor starred in movies like Wild Wild West, The Legend of Bagger Vance, and Ali. The movie Ali was inspired by boxer Muhammad Ali’s life and career and, it helps Will to win an ‘Academy Award’ nomination for Best Actor.
- During the next few years, he acted in various movies like I, Robot, Shark Tale, Hitch and Pursuit of Happyness. The actor won another ‘Oscar’ nomination for his heart-rending performance in ‘Pursuit of Happyness’
- The movies that accomplished him as a great actor are I Am Legend, Hancock, Seven Pounds, After Earth, and Winter’s Tale. All of these movies have seen considerable commercial and critical and unaccounted success.
- Recently, in February 2015, Smith has got starred in a movie named Focus, in that he plays the main lead opposite Australian actress Margot Robbie. Another film, Concussion has also been slated for release later this year, which was co-starring Alec Baldwin.
Unknown Fact about Will Smith
- This famous American actor was the first choice to play the role of ‘Neo’ in the Hollywood blockbuster ‘The Matrix’. After rejecting the offer to act in the movie, which also starred his wife, he was replaced by popular star Keanu Reeves.`
- In 2018, At his 50th born day, Smith celebrated the birthday by performing a bungee jump from a helicopter in the Grand Canyon. Smith was insured by Lloyd’s of London for $200 million for the jump which raised money for the charity Global Citizen.
- In 2008, for the presidential campaign of Democrat Barack Obama Smith donated $4,600.
- On December 11, 2009, to celebrate Obama’s winning of the prize Smith and his wife hosted the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway.
- In 2012, Smith stated that he wants to support legalizing same-sex marriage.
Major Achievements, Awards, and Works
- This star is known for the ‘Men in Black’ franchise of movies, which have collectively grossed $620,130,196 approximately as box-office earnings. The science-fiction movie features Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith both as the main lead role two agents of an organization who manage alien activity on earth.
- The sensational actor is also known for his overwhelming performance in the ‘Pursuit of Happyness’. The movie was nominated for several honours, and has won the prestigious ‘Capri Award’ in ‘Movie of the Year’ category.
- In 1988, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince were recipients of the Grammy Award for their initial rap songs.
- During the late 1990s, Smith was felicitated with the ‘Blockbuster Entertainment Award’ in the ‘Favorite Actor’ category, for ‘Independence Day’, ‘Men in Black’ and ‘Enemy of the State’
- From 2005-2008, he won the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ for hits like ‘Hitch’, ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’, and ‘I Am Legend’.
- In 2008-2009, the peerless actor has presented the ‘BET Award’ for his roles in ‘Hancock’ and ‘Seven Pounds’. During this time he also won the ‘Saturn Award’ for his performance in ‘I Am Legend’.
Will Smith Movies List
- Where the Day Takes You (1992)
- Made in America (1993)
- Six Degrees of Separation (1993)
- Bad Boys (1995)
- Independence Day (1996)
- Men in Black (1997)
- Enemy of the State (1998)
- Wild Wild West (1999)
- The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000)
- Ali (2001)
- Men in Black II (2002)
- Bad Boys II (2003)
- I, Robot (2004)
- Shark Tale (2004)
- Hitch (2005)
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- I Am Legend (2007)
- Hancock (2008)
- Seven Pounds (2008)
- Men in Black 3 (2012)
- After Earth (2013)
- Winter’s Tale (2014)
- Focus (2015)
- Concussion (2015)
- Suicide Squad (2016)
- Collateral Beauty (2016)
- Bright (2017)
- Student of the Year 2 (2019)
- Aladdin (2019)
- Spies in Disguise (2019)
- Gemini Man (2019)
- Bad Boys for Life (2020)
Discography List of Will Smith
With DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Rock the House (1987)
- He’s the DJ, I’m the Rapper (1988)
- And in This Corner… (1989)
- Homebase (1991)
- Code Red (1993)
- Big Willie Style (1997)
- Willennium (1999)
- Born to Reign (2002)
- Lost and Found (2005)