Quick Info and Facts about Pooja Hegde
|Real Name||Pooja Hegde|
|Professional Name||Pooja Hegde|
|Occupation / Profession||Actress, Model|
|Born / Birthday / Age||13 October 1990 (age 29 years) as on 2019, Mumbai|
|Residence Place|| Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Family||Siblings: Rishabh Hegde|
Father: Manjunath Hegde
|Education||M.Com (Master in Commerce)|
|Height||5′ 9″ ( 1.68 m )|
|Figure / Body Measurements||34-25-34|
Social Media Profiles of Pooja Hegde
Pooja Hegde is an Indian model and film actress. She has worked in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil films and is known for being the lead actress in Mohenjo Daro (2016).
She was crowned as the second runner-up at the Miss Universe India 2010 competition.
Pooja was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her parents Manjunath Hegde and Latha Hegde are from Mangalore, Karnataka.
Her mother tongue is Tulu, and she is also fluent in English, Marathi, Hindi She went to M.M.K College, she revealed.
She regularly sought to enter in intercollegiate competitions, participating in dance and fashion shows.
Favorite Things of Hegde Pooja
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Leonardo Di Caprio, Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Sandra Bullock|
|Film maker||Karan Johar|
|Musician||A. R. Rahman, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Bryan Adams, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga|
|Sports Person||Roger Federer, Rahul Dravid|
|Books||Harry Potter Series, Shopaholic Series|
|Destination Place||London, US|
Early Life of Pooja
- Pooja Hegde was born on 13 October 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
- She studied in M.M.K College, Mumbai and is a post graduate in commerce.
- Her ancestry hails from the Udupi state of Karnataka. Her father, Manjunath Hegde is a lawyer.
- Pooja’s mother, Latha Hegde is immunologist and genetics professional. Her elder brother, Rishabh Hegde is a doctor.
Career of Pooja Hegde
- She competed in Miss India 2009 competition but was eliminated in an early round in spite of winning Miss India Talented 2009 Honour.
- Pooja Hegde reapplied the next year and became the second runner up at Miss Universe India 2010 competition.
- She was also crowned Miss India South Glamorous Hair 2010 in the subsidiary competition. She made her acting debut with 2012 Tamil movie “Mugamoodi.”
- Pooja made her Telugu film debut with the movie “Oka Laila Kosam (2012).”
- She made her Bollywood debut with the film “Mohenjo Daro (2016).”
Awards and Achievements of Hegde
- Miss Universe India 2010 second runner-up
- Miss India south 2010 runner up
- Miss India South glamorous Hair 2010
- Miss India talented 2009
Facts about Pooja Hegde
- Pooja is a trained Bharatnatyam Dancer.
- She used to participate actively in singing, dancing and fashion contests during her college days. She was even a part of the college festival committee.
- Pooja Hegde took Telugu lessons to help her portray the lead female role in the movie “Oka Laila Kosam (2012).”
- After watching Pooja in an advertisement, Ashutosh Gowariker’s wife recommended her name for the film “Mohenjo Daro (2016)” and called her for the audition, which she successfully passed.
- Due to her commitment to the film “Mohenjo Daro”, she rejected the opportunity to work in Mani Ratnam’s film.
- She is a huge fan of Roger Federer and Rahul Dravid.
- Her mother tongue is Tulu, but she can also speak in Hindi, English, Kannada, and Tamil fluently.
- Her family initially wanted to name her as ‘Lakshmi’ because she was born on the Lakshmi Pooja Day of Deewali. However, her maternal grandmother considered the name as old-fashioned, so, they changed it to ‘Pooja.’
- If not an actor, she would have opted for fashion designing or pursued photography or business.
- She was seen in Hero Maestro ad commercial opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
Pooja Hegde Movies List & Filmography
|2014||Oka Laila Kosam||Nandana||Telugu|
|2018||Rangasthalam||Jigelu Rani (Special appearance in the song “Jigelu Rani”)||Telugu|
|2018||Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava||Aravindha||Telugu|
|2019||Housefull 4||Priya Rana||Hindi|