Quick Info & Facts about Justin Bieber
|Realname||Justin Drew Bieber|
|Professional Name||Justin Bieber|
|Born / Age||Justin Drew Bieber|
March 1, 1994 (age 24)
London, Ontario, Canada
|Parents||Jeremy Jack Bieber (Father)and Patricia “Pattie” Mallette (Mother)|
|Home Town||Stratford, Ontario, Canada|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Spouse||Hailey Baldwin (m. 2018)|
|Instruments||Vocals,drums and guitar|
|Genre||Pop and R&B|
Early Life of Justin Bieber
Bieber was born on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, at St Joseph’s Hospital, and was raised in Stratford, Ontario.
He is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia “Pattie” Mallette. Bieber’s parents were never married.
Mallette, who was underaged at the time of giving birth, raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane, and stepfather, Bruce.
His mother is of French-Canadian descent; his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish.
He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry.
Through Jeremy, Bieber has three younger half-siblings. Jeremy and his ex-girlfriend Erin Wagner have two children, a daughter Jazmyn and a son Jaxon.
They broke up after seven years in 2014. Jeremy later married his girlfriend Chelsey in February 2018, and they have a daughter together named Bay.
Bieber also has a step sister named Allie, the daughter of his step mother. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a single mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father.[
Justin Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School.
Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet.
He graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA.
In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yo’s “So Sick” for a local singing competition in Stratford and was placed second.
Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and friends to see. She continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Bieber’s popularity on the site grew.
In the same year, Bieber busked shows in front of Avon Theatre steps during tourism season.
Career of Justin Bieber
Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After talent manager Scooter Braun discovered his YouTube videos covering songs, he was signed to RBMG in 2008.
Therefore, Bieber then released his debut EP, My World, in late 2009. It was certified platinum in the US; he became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record chart on the Billboard Hot 100.
Bieber released his first studio album, My World 2.0, in 2010. It debuted at number one in several countries, was certified triple platinum in the US, and contained his single “Baby”, which debuted at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 and sold 12 million units.
Following his debut album and promotional tours, he released his 3D biopic-concert film Justin Bieber: Never Say Never and his second studio album, Under the Mistletoe (2011), which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
His third studio album, Believe (2012) generated the single “Boyfriend”, which reached number one in Canada.
His fourth studio album Purpose was released in 2015, spawning three number one singles: “What Do You Mean?”, “Sorry”, and “Love Yourself”.
Afterwards, Bieber was featured on several successful collaborations, including “Cold Water”, “Let Me Love You”, “Despacito (Remix)”, and “I’m the One”.
His US album and singles sales total 44.7 million.He has sold an estimated 140 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, and became the second person to reach 100 million followers on Twitter in August 2017 after Katy Perry.
Bieber has won numerous awards throughout his career, including an American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012, a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song “Where Are Ü Now”, and a Latin Grammy Award.
He has been listed three times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world, in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
In 2016, Justin Bieber became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. He is married to model Hailey Baldwin.
Justin Bieber’s father, Jeremy Bieber, is a former carpenter and pro-am mixed martial artist. In March 2014, Rolling Stone characterized Jeremy as having “split with Justin’s mom when Justin was a toddler, and wasn’t always around afterward. But he has, as of late, accepted a place of honor in his superstar son’s entourage”.
In December 2010, Bieber began dating Selena Gomez. After separating in November 2012, they reconciled a few weeks later before splitting up again in January 2013.They later reconciled for a few months in each of 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Late in 2017, it was reported that they had gotten back together again. However, they broke up again in March 2018.[
Therefore, Bieber became engaged to Hailey Baldwin on July 7, 2018.They had briefly dated from December 2015 to January 2016 before splitting, then reconciled in May 2018.
After that Justin Bieber and Baldwin reportedly obtained a marriage license in September 2018, leading to reports that they had a civil marriage ceremony at that time, with a religious ceremony to come shortly.
On September 14, Baldwin stated on Twitter that she and Bieber had not yet married, but deleted the tweet afterward.On November 23, 2018, Bieber stated he was married to Baldwin.
Recommended Articles :
- 2008–2009: Career beginnings and My World
- 2010–2011: My World 2.0 and Never Say Never
- 2012–2014: Believe, Journals, and other appearances
- 2015–2017: Purpose
- 2017–present: Collaborations and hiatus
Discography Studio Albums of Justin Bieber
- My World 2.0 (2010)
- Under the Mistletoe (2011)
- Believe (2012)
- Purpose (2015)
Tours of Justin Bieber
- Urban Behavior Tour (2009)
- My World Tour (2010–2011)
- Believe Tour (2012–2013)
- Purpose World Tour (2016–2017)
Filmography of Justin Bieber
- Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011)
- Men in Black 3 (2012)
- Katy Perry: Part of Me (2012)
- Zendaya: Behind the Scenes (2012)
- Justin Bieber’s Believe (2013)
- Behaving Badly (2014)
- Zoolander 2 (2016)
- Killing Hasselhoff (2017)
Justin Bieber’s Social Media Accounts
Achievements of Justin Bieber
- Throughout his career, Bieber has sold an estimated 140 million records as of 2018
- And he is one of the best-selling music artists globally or internationally.
- Bieber was included among the top ten in The Highest-Paid Celebrities Under 30 annual list in the world by Forbes magazine. He has been listed six times in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- In 2011, Bieber was honoured with a star in front of Avon Theater in Ontario, Canada, where he used to busk when he was younger.
- On November 23, 2012, Bieber was presented with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper. He was one of 60,000 Canadians to receive the Diamond Jubilee medal that year.
- In 2013, Bieber received a Diamond award from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) to recognize his single “Baby” as the highest-certified digital song of all time.[
- He has a long list of awards, Justin Bieber has earned ten Grammy nominations (including one win), two Brit awards, six NRJ Music Award nominations (Bieber won four awards out of six nominations, but he has six awards because he was honoured twice with special awards), nineteen Billboard Music Awards, and numerous fan voted accolades which include fifteen American Music Awards and twenty three Teen Choice Awards. He also has won twenty one MTV Europe Music Awards (one is a special award), which is the most awards received by a single artist to date.
- On November 13, 2015, the release of Purpose marked his sixth album to debut at number one. He also became the first artist, since Elvis Presley in 2005, to replace his own song as number one on the UK Singles Chart.
- As of 2016, Bieber has received fourteen titles in the Guinness World Records, which include eight that were achieved from the success of his album Purpose and was featured in the 2017 Edition.
- These records included the most streamed track on Spotify in one week, the most streamed album on Spotify in one week, the most simultaneous tracks and most simultaneous new entries on the US Billboard Hot 100 by a solo artist, the first act to occupy all top three positions simultaneously on the UK Singles Chart, the most followers on Twitter by a male, the most viewed music channel on YouTube by an individual, and the most subscribers on YouTube for a musician by a male.